Home Top Ad

Story Of a "Foolish Pandit"

Share:

"A Foolish Pandit" short funny bedtime stories for kids in English.

short funny bedtime stories for kids of foolish pandit


Once a learned Pandit was praying to the God under a tree in a forest. The God was pleased of his devotion and messenger of a God appeared in front of him.

Open your eyes, "boy you have pleased the God so what you need? The God will grant you a wish, ask what do you want?"


O… O…! thank you God, please grant me a wish to get sanjivni herbs immortality. It's granted, the herb appeared on the Goddess’s palm and she gave it to the Pandit and said,

“take the herbs and you can use a few drops of its juice on corpses, they will be alive and they will be more energetic and healthier than ever, you use it as much as you like it will never finish nor will it dry.”

 funny bedtime stories for kids of a foolish pandit

And then the messenger vanished in thin air. The Pandit was very happy and set off towards his village. With the power of this herb, I will defeat the death no one will mourn any death in the village.

Everyone will sing my praises, I shall be popular in the whole of the village. And who knows they might propose my name as head of the village.

But then he suddenly thought may be the messenger has made fun of me and given ordinary leaves to me. I must test it whether these leaves are original or fake.



He saw a dead lion soon after. Oh! It’s a dead lion why don’t I try the leaves on it? Without giving a second thought, he started rubbing the leaves in between his palms and a few drops of juice fell on the dead lion.

The lion opened his eyes it became alive. Oh, goddess! These are genuine leaves hurray…... my good luck!

 foolish pandit short funny bedtime stories for kids

The lion opened his eyes and was very hungry. And then he heard the roar of the lion and the lion jumped on him. 

Ohhhh! What have I done? I was so foolish I better run for my life. But the lion was faster than him and ate him.

Moral: Think before any act.