Home Top Ad

The lion’s mane

Share:


Lion's Mane” Short funny bedtime stories for kids in English for student | Free online.



short funny bedtime stories for kids of "the lion's mane"
Once a lion was sitting beside a river. Suddenly he looked at his own reflection and thought, “My mane is too old. I need a new hairstyle!”

The lion then roared “I’ am the king of the jungle and his unruly mane does not fit a king!’

He dipped his paw into the river and tried desperately to smooth his mane.

“Flap it all up. That will suit you!” the zebra said. “yes, it will even look better with a bit of color to match your moustache,” the giraffe added. “What about a few ribbons?” the vulture asked. Then cried the hyena “I know, a paper crown is what you need!” 

A snake was passing by silently, seeing the king there he simply raised his head. “What do you think I should do, snake?” The king asked. 


“If a king is a wise king, nobody cares about his too old mane.” The snake said to the lion with a hissing sound. The king glared at the snake for some time.

Then he smiled and kissed the snake. “Oh, why am I so vain? Am I not the king of the whole jungle?” the lion rumbled a bit. Then the lion moved his mane back into place by shaking his head. “From now on I promise to be a wise king and not bother about my looks!” the lion roared.