Home Top Ad

The Longest Storyteller

Share:
"The longest story taller and the King" short funny bedtime stories for kids in English.

short funny bedtime stories for kids of "The longest storyteller"

Long ago there was a king who was very crazy. One day he had an urge to listen to the longest story with king’s order. It was proclaimed all over the kingdom.

Listen… listen…. listen… it’s the order of our king who so ever tells him the longest story will be rewarded with Ramgarh estate.


And whatever the storyteller wishes for and if the storyteller fails to tell a long story he will be put behind the bars.

Listen…. Listen…. Listen…. Listening to this proclamation several storytellers came from far off places but couldn’t satisfy the king. 




The stories were long, but the king thought I have heard the story but why do I give my property, for all these stories.

One by one many storytellers were imprisoned. One story teller’s young son got upset over his father’s imprisonment. He thought of teaching a lesson to the king.

 "The Longest Storyteller" are short funny bedtime stories for kids

He reached the place to narrate the longest story. He said, 

“your majesty, once a farmer had a big farm he had sown wheat in his fields. Near to his fields, there was a tree on which lived a flock of birds so whenever the farmer would come to sow the seed the bird would take them out and eat them all.


Once he decided to safeguard his fields on his own but the birds who did not take the defeat. They didn’t give up they planned something and the work became easy for them. A bird came picked up a grain and flew away, Phurr….

Again another bird came picked up a grain and flew away purr…..then Again another bird came picked up a grain and flew away, phurr…."


The king asked, what happened next? What had to happen? Again another bird came picked up a grain and flew away purr….. Then what happened after that?

Your Majesty, Again another bird came picked up a grain and flew away purr…..

Alright, brother but speak further. 



That’s what I am saying your majesty, a bird came picked up a grain and flew away purr….. The king was fed up of hearing the same Phurr…. Phurr…. Phur…. Phur….

Alright, I agree all the birds came picked up a grain and flew away but now speak further.

How is it possible that they picked up all the grains my lord. The birds will come one by one and pick up the grain one by one only by that the grain will finish. Once the grains are over only then the story can move further. 


Again another bird came picked up a grain and flew away purr….. The king realized that the young man is even smarter than him. The story is never going to end in such a way. How do I punish him it’s better I reward and get rid of him.

The king said, "young man you stop your Phurr…. Phur…." Really you have narrated the longest story, I present you the Ramgarh estate.

But my lord, what about my own wish.

Yes, yes that also, tell me, what is your wish? 


My only wish is that you release all the storytellers behind the bars. It is not good to trouble people without any reason if so the God would be unhappy and both king and the kingdom will be destroyed and I don’t want that such trouble should approach our kingdom.

What you say is right, I order release all the storytellers with respect. This young man is very intelligent I proclaimed that I will get the princess married to this Youngman.



And after me, he will inherit my throne. This way he didn’t only release his father but with his intelligence, he changed the attitude of the king.