Home Top Ad

Three Tasks

Share:
funny bedtime stories for kids of "Three tasks" in English

"Three Tasks" a funny bedtime story for kids in English.


Once there was a miser, but a rich man. One day two young men come to see him. Sir! I’m Jai and this is my brother Vijay. We are in search of jobs. Is there any vacancy here with you?

Yes! Yes, you’ve come to the right place. If you want jobs here with me, I’ll pay twelve gold coins each of you at the end of the year. But you are supposed to do each and every task, I set you. If you fail to do any task, you’ll get four gold coins less in each of your wages. If it suits you, you can start it right now.

Thank you, sir, we shall try our best to complete each and every job given to us. Both the brothers worked hard. Slowly and steadily months passed and one-day Jai said to Vijay,

“Tomorrow is the last day of the year.”

You mean the day has come when we’ll get our wages. Yes, and we’ll have 24 gold coins. And we can go home. Next day in the morning. Sir! We have done every task you set.

Will you please pay our wages? We’ll leave for our home. you are right but the day is not yet over. There’s long way to go. I’ve three more tasks for you. Complete it and get your wages. What are these tasks, sir?

1) See those two glass jars, one is smaller and the other is the bigger one. Put the bigger one in the smaller one.

How is this possible? It can’t be done. How a larger pot goes inside a smaller one. That’s not my problem. Now the second task,

2) The grain in the barn is wet dry the grain without taking It out side the room. Without taking it out. How can it be dried? That’s none of my business. Now the third task,

"Three tasks" of funny bedtime stories for kids3) Tell me what is the weight of my head correctly if I’m not satisfied with the answer, your answer will be considered wrong and you’ll lose four gold coins each.

Brother, we’ve been cheated! He doesn't want to give any coin now. We didn’t expect this to happen. Don’t worry Jai, I’ve got an idea.


We’ll complete these tasks and will get our wages. Listen to me carefully. Oh’ my God you’ve given a great idea. And soon after that.

1) Sir, the first job is over. Here is the larger jar inside the smaller one. What! You’ve broken to put it inside. But sir we have completed the first task, any how.

2) Soon, there was a noise coming from the room of the house. The miser ran out of the house.


 Hey! What are you doing on the roof? I’ am taking the roof down. Oh! You bloody, why are you doing this? I’ am letting in the sun to dry the grain. Come down, let my roof be there. Never mind the grain. Ok sir, as you wish. if you say so, you’ll have to consider the second task completed. Ok, it’s completed.
funny bedtime stories for kids of "Three tasks" 

3) Later in the evening. Sir the third task is also over. How? You’ve not told me the correct weight of my head. Sir, look at this pumpkin. Your head weight is exactly as much as this pumpkin.



No, it is not correct. I’ve told you, that your answer should satisfy me only then, it will be considered complete task.

But sir, if you’ve any doubt, we’ve brought a hatchet a pair of scales. Will you cut my head off, you scoundrel? There is no other way to prove that our answer is correct.

Stop it, take these 24 gold coins and get lost. Ha….. ha…. ha…. The miser had to admit defeat.