Home Top Ad

King and Salves

Share:
It's a moral and "funny bedtime story for kids" in English that teach us how does hard work always pays and proves that honesty is the best policy. let's read below.




One day the king became so happy with two slave’s service. As they worked hard for many years so the King said "I'm happy to your service which you were providing honestly for many years, so I decided to give you both freedom tomorrow. But today you both have to do the last job for me, each of you has to make a rope for me that can be any size any length, it's up to you."

Hearing that the first slaves thought, all the time I have worked hard to full fill King's requirement. But today it's up to me so I will braid a small five-inch rope. He did and start walking towards the King's palace.

The second slave thought, ' for many years I have always served the best service to full fill king's requirement and today I will make a long, thick and strong rope for the King. Because I can't let spoil my good image at any cost.

Next day, after making the rope both of the slaves went to king's palace and presented their ropes to the King. The king absorbed the ropes and said afterward "follow me." The King take them to his treasure and said, “Take how much gold you can take by your rope then you both are free to leave.

The second slave left the palace with a big amount of gold as he made the long and strong rope. But the first slave takes few golds with his five-inch rope.


Moral: More Effort > More Reward.